Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Opening Day Impressions

I hope to keep this short , Because the real opening day for me is tonight , when the CAVS "Light it Up" against the Wizards.

ALERT : CHICAGO LOOKS SCARY GOOD !!

I know...I know , Miami might have been pumped about getting their rings and Coach Riley would not have motivated them enough for this game. But to lose by 40+ points is downright embarassing.

Chicago outplayed Miami - (as the score indicates) and Miami had no answers for Chicago's uptempo offense and stifling defense. I liked what I saw from Ben Wallace.His stat line was not fancy , but Big Ben does not make his impact on the scorebaord alone , his bigger impact is his stellar defense, the way he played the Miami Big Men , yes SHAQ included. Tyrus Thomas was very impressive in the limited minutes he played , until he broke his nose , after a "freindly
"Welcome to the NBA" elbow from James Posey. I remember Posey doing something similar to Kirk Hinrich last year in the playoffs. I am not ready to crown Chicago yet , as I am not ready to dismiss Miami from winning the East. There are 81 games to go and I know things can change and teams make adjustments. Should be a great battle for the East this year.

I only watched the first half of the Phoenix-LA game. Went to bed thinking its going to be more of the same.PHX running and gunning.LA playing catchup. Surprise Surprise - LA stormed back after being down 19 to win the game without "KOBE". Very impressive.

Dribbles
  • Andrew Bynum looked impressive in his first NBA start , keep an eye on him
  • Amare struggled , I just did not see him hustling and dunking on ppl repeatedly as he used to do.K
  • Kenny Smith of TNT , has picked the CAVS to win the EAST. BTW Why does Magic think that the Bulls play better D than the Cavs , well maybe they actually do ! We will See...
ESPN at 8 baby...CAVS - "Light it Up"

3 comments:

Aravind said...

Go T-Mac
Go Brandon Roy

Sriram said...

24 points, 19 rebs :))) Guess who: Your favorite Carlos Boozer!

I'm sick of hearing about how Shaq treats the regular season like the preseason and plays a 100% only in the playoffs. I hope it blows on Miami's face and they crumble down.

I switched back and forth on the Jazz and Cavs games on TV. Boy every time I flipped to the Cavs games, it felt like they were on a run. Anyway, what is UP with the floor in Cleveland. It looked bleached. I didn't like it.

Sayee said...

Boozer looks good...just wait till he tweaks a hammy ! Karma Baby !

Miami was built to win last year , there is no way that they can repeat this year. Dont "hope" for it , it is going to blow up in their face.

CAVS looked awrite , I liked their new offensive sets. But the defense won us the game and I like that. The floor is new , part of almost $8M renovation that went on at the Q. Keep watching a few more games and you will get used to it.