Thursday, November 02, 2006

CAVS "Light it Up" against the Wizards

Awrite, I will stop making a big deal about the whole "Light it Up" campaign. I just thought it was cool , because the City of Cleveland is finally excited about something , let alone it be for a sports team.

Now to the game. Before I start singing eulogies about Larry Hughes and LBJ , I have to give the game ball to Mike Brown. I liked the new offensive sets he has in place. Players are constantly moving and are cutting lanes in the middle and it was moderately effective. Play makers did miss a few open swing men , but I understand that the new offense takes time to settle. The real challenge though is to see if this offense is going to work against the Spurs on Friday. Wizards are probably one of the worst defensive units amongst the playoff teams.

The Wizards seemed like they played decent defense. I beg to differ. It was more careless ball handling and lazy cross court passes that lead to 12 TO's(in the first qtr alone , i think) and the fastbreak points.

The score indicates the game was close and it was. But if we handled the rock a little more carefully and converted about 70% of our FT's , this would not have been a contest. Where was Gil ? Though he plays for one of our rivals , I like Arenas. He is the No.1 offensive PG in the league.Had a off night and I am not complaining. He will bounce back !

Tidbits
  • LH looked good. I guess he is finally healthy. There was always not a question about his talent , it was about his ability to play 70-75 games. If he does that this year.CAVS will win 55 games
  • Lebron was his usual self , But I would like to see him post up a little more considering his combination of size and speed
  • Where was Z ? I know he had a great year last year , but we need a double-double from him and Gooden(who was splendid) almost every night for us to be an elite team
  • Is it me or does anyone else think that "The Lebrons" is too funny !
Nice win , off to the Alamo now , a healthy TD waiting in the wings.

Go CAVS...Sayanora !

3 comments:

Sayee said...

#32 pure shooter ? - Arent you a true homer ?

Well , what I would really like to see is go back to Z. He is often forgotten in the offense. We get carried away after a couple of transition hoops and never return to the solid , inside game.

Bulls at CAVS should be a classic. Look for Nocioni to bug the hell out of Lebron..But my money is with #23 to succeed.

dinesh said...

I loved it that Lebron was taking the ball straight to the hoop from play 1 (against SA). \


The lebrons is awesome !! Just a terrific marketing campaign !

They just need to keep rolling the W's in. It's real important. One thing though, they should keep the "championship" talk down. I dont think the cavs are there yet. Why have too much hopes and get disappointed later on ?

Sayee said...

I agree about the Championship talk. But Im not going to knock on them for being positive as long as they dont get cocky , which I think they are not,at least now.