Sunday, November 12, 2006

Talk about a Good Weekend !

1) CAVS Win - Storm back !

I have always hated Paul Pierce , not because he is very very good basketball player , but because he has no respect for either the CAVS or Lebron in particular. There are many incidents that have happened in the past to create this bad blood between the Celts and the CAVS.

So , When we were down by about 25 points in the 3rd quarter at home , I was MAD. But as I was watching this game , I just saw Lebron shifting gears like I have never seen him do before. Well let me rephrase , he has shifted gears many times in the past and willed the CAVS to victory , but this one was different , because he went one on one , with his arch nemesis in the NBA , Paul Pierce.

I have never seen James with the swagger he had Saturday night on both ends of the floor. It was scary , I wish the team never goes into a hole such as this one in the first qtr ever again. They have a chance to prove that at the MSG on Monday.

Props to Sasha and Varejao as well , which brings me to another question in my head. What does Coach Brown have in mind for Shannon Brown and Daniel Gibson ? Old school coaches like to have a small rotation and prefer to play the veterans most of the time. Coach Brown belongs to this school and I wonder how this is going to help develop our rookies.In the recent past , Other than Lebron , the CAVS have not done a good job with their rookies. We get almost nothing from them. Is it because we draft badly ? or we don't train them properly ? Don't know , I hope Coach has a plan for our rooks.

2.) Buckeyes Roll
The Buckeyes scored the second most points all time against a poor NW defense. So here we go , the biggest game of the year , decade ? Nov 18th 3:30 , Michigan at the shoe, No 2 and No 1. In their storied histories , never once has there been a 1-2 match up. Makes for great drama. Cant Wait !!

3.) Browns steal one on the road !
Charlie Frye looks real impressive , Now if only we could win 2 in a row.

9 comments:

dinesh said...

Didn't see the game. But I know it would have been a great one...oh well ! Good confidence booster that.

1 Vs 2. What a spanking thriller thaht would be. I just hope to god that this one is close, so we can get a championship rematch.

Sayee said...

I understand where your coming from , form Id rather have the buckeyes kill michigan.

Go BUCKS Michigan SUCKS.

Sriram said...

I don't necessarily like the idea of a rematch even if it is a close game.

Nothing is learnt from a rematch. The possible outcomes are 1) same team wins twice 2) its a tie after 2 games.

in case (1), in retrospect the losing team really didn't deserve a second chance. some other team could have used it

in case (2), we ultimately don't know who the better team is. and the team winning 2nd will get the honors. rematch doesn't make sense to me.

Sayee said...

I am not sure about a rematch either. But I think it will be no contest. Bucks will kill em !

Magesh said...

I'm just going to enjoy the hype, the atmosphere leading up to the big game and the buzz here in Ann Arbor which hopefully culminates with a game that's hard fought, competitive and a worthy display of Big Ten football (with the whole country watching).

After going 7-5 a season ago and personally witnessing 3 of those losses in the Big House, an 11-win season (and a trip to the Rose Bowl already in the bag) will bring a smile to my face regardless of what happens on Saturday. While a win over the heavily favored and #1 ranked Buckeyes would make my year, it's not something I expect nor will I be bitterly disappointed if it doesn't happen.

But man, what a season it has been for both teams -- this is truly what college football is all about!

GO BLUE!!

Aravind said...

I hope you guys are ready for zach randolph and lamarcus when they vist the cavs tonite... they r gonna surprise u ..
I dont want to see a rematch... once is good enough .. Although I think Big 10 is really weak.. Ohio state has not beaten anyone good other than texas..

Sayee said...

zach and lamarcus ? aaah the names Im sure send shivers down the CAVS spine, Watever dude !

In fact , I have always been a blazers afficianado ! This is from Rasheed..Sabonis..J'Oneal..Pippen..Bonzi..
Might mouse times...

But I dont think they should be any trouble for the CAVS..unless we dont give a 100% effort.

Sayee said...

Also magesh , No pro blue comments on this blog dude...

Jus kidding , I hope its a good game........for the buckeyes !..hehe

Magesh said...

I think the Randolph-Gooden matchup will be interesting. Z-Bo's been on a tear lately and he and LaMarcus might turn into a nightmare for the Cavs frontcourt.

But the Blazers haven't won on the road since opening day and I expect Cleveland to take care of business tonight at the Q.

Oh and Sayee, I root for the Browns on occasion for my man Braylon Edwards! Not big on the NFL otherwise, considering that my Lions suck year after year.